We believe the transition to a sustainable blue economy is vital for our planet and the people on it. Our work focuses on preserving or improving our ocean ecosystems and moving towards a blue economy.
We provide holistic advice around developing, managing or maintaining economically viable fisheries and aquaculture operations while protecting the ocean ecosystem, and ensuring food and economic security for the communities who rely on marine environments for their livelihoods.
Our specialist blue economy services include:
- Helping improve fishing methods and vessels to reduce bycatch and increase efficiency
- Designing, implementing and monitoring the success of Marine Protected Area management plans
- Developing and implementing effective marine policies with biodiversity at their core
- Using data modelling and analysis to develop climate resilience and adaptation plans for fishing communities
- Analysing your fisheries data (stock, catch volume and value, fleet structure) to identify opportunities for sustainable development
- Designing bespoke fisheries livelihood restoration plans following marine development
- Facilitating local and institutional capacity building
- Carbon accounting in fisheries, aquaculture and the marine environment
- Livelihood restoration of coastal communities
- Preparing, implementing and managing scientific research and development projects worldwide